What Is XM Satellite Radio?
XM is powered by satellites positioned over each coast. These satellites enable XM to give you over 150 channels, including 67 channels of 100% commercial-free music, the best in news, sports, comedy, talk and XM Instant Traffic & Weather channels for select major metropolitan areas.
Only GM features more than 50 cars, trucks and SUVs with XM Satellite Radio factory-installed – no other car company even comes close.
- Over 150 Channels of the best in music, news, sports, comedy, talk and more
- 67 channels of 100% commercial-free music
- Official Satellite Radio Network of Major League Baseball® – every team, all season long
- In-depth XM Instant Traffic & Weather channels – updated continually, day and night
- Coast-to-coast signal coverage†
- Song artist and title display
- You still get AM and FM in addition to XM channels
- Parental Control Option
Getting XM factory-installed means you don’t have to worry about extra wires, hardware, mounting or installation associated with many aftermarket units.
How Does XM Work?
From the XM studios in Washington, D.C., the XM signal is beamed to powerful satellites on each coast for signal coverage that reaches across the 48 contiguous United States
- Every XM channel comes through in clear digital-quality sound
- A network of more than 800 ground antennas, or “repeaters,” makes signal coverage possible in challenging locales such as valleys and urban canyons
- XM is simply a new band on the radio. You still receive AM and FM stations – use the BAND button (AUX button on Saturn vehicles) to switch among AM, FM and XM