Maintenance:Spend a little now to save a lot later!
Most GM vehicles are now equipped with the GM Oil Life System. This system actually senses your vehicle's speed and engine temperature and can continuously monitor operating conditions. This helps determine when it's time to change the oil.
This system can actually monitor your personal driving habits and your area's climate condition to let you know precisely when to come in for an Oil Change. When the light comes on, you come in. It's that simple. It will save you money and help reduce oil waste.
*Oil should be changed by 7,500 miles if your light does not come on. If your vehicle is not equipped with a GM Oil Life System you should continue to get your oil changed every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
Other fluids should be checked periodically and changed as necessary.
- 7,500 Miles: Always rotate your tires every 7,500 miles to ensure tire life and warranty.
- 10,000 Miles: Replace diesel fuel filters every 10,000 miles to ensure performance.
- 12,000 Miles: Check Alignment every 12,000 miles to prevent premature tire wear. *Tire warranty void if alignment not performed every 12,000 miles or once a year.
- 15,000 Miles: If equipped, replace gas fuel filters every 15,000 miles.
- 25,000 Miles: Service Allison Transmission every 25,000 miles.
- 50,000 Miles: All other automatic transmissions should be serviced every 50,000 miles.
*tire rotations and alignments must be followed in order to preserve tire warranty thru tire manufacturer.